Re: Fwd: Serious

Though I sent something about this before.  This is, as far as anyone
can tell, a hoax.  Nothing in the list of current or upcoming
legislation has either a Bill # 602P, nor anything with text relating
to email taxation, except one that seems to be actively opposing UN
taxation of the 'net. (UNDP's '99 HDR proposed a bitwise tax on info
transmitted over the net, to be collected by the UN.  *That* is real &
bothers me.)

In fact, if you look at the bill name formats, they all start H.R. or S.
and then a number.  There are various other setups, but nothing seems
to match the pattern ###P.  Check out thomas.loc.gov (the congress
website) for info on what the gov't is *really* doing these days.
Also check the seaint archives for whatever I might have posted before
on this if you feel it's important enough.

Charley

--
Charles Hamilton, EIT                   Graduate Student Researcher
University of California, Irvine        Email: chamilto(--nospam--at)eng.uci.edu