RE: Timber Retaining Wall, cantilever embedment

Paul,

The ASAE has several publications on the subject.  I think the most simple
and commonly used is ASAE Engineering Practice: ASAE EP486, "Post and Pole
Foundation Design."  Several models are provided.  I'll fax it over if you
like.

Ed Fasula, E.I.T.