Conventional Framing Provisions Inadequate? -Reply

** Low Priority **

I observed one single family residence out of about 250 in which the wall failed (not completely) has stucco on one face and gyp board on the inside.  There were no openings in the wall.  The stucco side was so stiff that  the studs rotated about the sill and top plate.  After looking around I found a figure in the ground about a quarter of a mile from the residence.  There were a number of residences red tagged in the area.

Dave Puskas, P.E.
BSW International - Tulsa