Re: Virtual Seismology Committee

Dennis-
I think we should have a least one member of the
seismology committee be an active participant in the
virtual committee.

I would suggest that members submit topics or
position or recommendation papers to the seismology
committee for consideration.  The actual topics and
formation of the topics or papers can be formulated
in the virtual committee.  A free exchange of ideas,
exchange of papers and constructive critic would all
be a part of it.

Ultimately, one person should be appointed to be in
charge of each issue.  That person would be
responsible to gather comments and present the
information to the seismology committee.

I am interested in being a part of that committee.
I think we should have at LEAST one, possibly 2 face
to face meetings each year.  Virtual is fine to a
point, but we should gather together face to face
occasionally.

Just my initial thoughts.

Lynn