RE: Cost for review of drawings

I think that rather than simply considering the time required to "review" the plans, one must
evaluate the liability involved.  Once you have reviewed and approved the drawings, you basically take the responsibility
for the project, and any problems that may result in the future.  I think this needs to be accounted for
when arriving at the "fair" fee for your review services.

It is my opinion that a proper review of a $30M sewage treatment plans should not be less than 25% of the original design
fee, which coincidentally it about the same amount that a good engineer would have charged over the low bidder that most
likely got the job, and now requires a peer review...  Where is the economy??

Best Wishes,

Antonio Arthay, P.E.