Re: 1997 UBC Section 1633.2.9.3

I agree completely Bill. I wonder if this got in the code by oversight or
intentionally. The deliberations for the 97 UBC in February of 96 (the last
code development committee meeting for that cycle) were so intense and
exhaustive since there were so much new material that I am not surprised
things like this sneaked through.

The good news is that no such clause got in the 2000 IBC as far as I can
tell.

Ben Yousefi, SE
San Jose, CA