Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Cost for review of drawings[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Cost for review of drawings
- From: "Constantine Shuhaibar" <csh(--nospam--at)soha.com>
- Date: Thu, 07 Oct 1999 10:31:27 -0700
Peer Review fee does not depend on the construction cost alone. The experience and reputation of the peer reviewer are two important factors. Is a peer review required or voluntary? If you want a number 0.75% was what I got for my last project. I know many people will think it is high. It is only high if you thing a design fee should be 1.5%. Other costs to consider for a project abroad: 1. Communication (sending and receiving drawings, site visits?) 2. Definition of peer review. Does it include plan checking or constructability reviews? 3. Local Building Codes. Not to mention local politics! My advice is make sure you charge appropiately. A number that seems astronomical now might be just enough to keep you from losing your shirt later. Good Luck. Constantine Shuhaibar, PhD, PE Project Engineer SOHA Engineers 550 Kearny Street, Suite 200 San Francisco, CA 94108 T: (415)989-9900 F: (415)989-9909 E: csh(--nospam--at)soha.com
- Prev by Subject: RE: Cost for review of drawings
- Next by Subject: COST OF STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING....
- Previous by thread: RE: Cost for review of drawings
- Next by thread: Internet hoaxes