RE: Master-Slave Joint

i was running into the problem of the program not doing what it was supposed
to when i simply picked the "rigid diaphragm" option from the master / slave
dialog box.  i got the program to model the diaphragm correctly by using the
following line

SLAVE FX FY MZ MASTER 7 JOINT 7 TO 12

note that in my model the z axis is "up"

on a somewhat related topic, i could not get staad to use the "floor load"
option correctly. i believe this was due to me having the z axis "up".
instead i had to impose my loads to my floor with the following command

LOAD 4 VERT - MEZZANINE LL
AREA LOAD
3 TO 5 9 TO 18 30 TO 32 49 TO 54 57 58 75 77 ALOAD -0.15

i don't know about other users but i find that i spend about 1/4 of my
editing time not in the program but directly editing the source file with
the text editor.

out.