Re: Seismic zones and design values in Mongolia

Scott Maxwell wrote:

The 1997 UBC has seismic zones for countries around the world.
Unforunately, the closest that I could find was Beijing in China, which is
still QUITE a distance from Ulaan Baatar.  Beijing is classified as a zone
4 in the 1997 UBC.

Sorry that I could not help more.

Scott

Dave,

   Contact David Swartz of the US Geological Survey in Menlo Park, CA.  I believe they have done some seismic hazard studies in Mongolia; and, if anyone can help, Ghengis Khan!

James Bela

         Oregon Earthquake AwarenessTM            /               The Quake NorthwestTM
"We Have Nothing To Fear But Shear Itself"      /     "We're All Subducting In This Together"