From: Rogers, Robert [mailto:Robert.Rogers(--nospam--at)Woolpert.com]
Sent: Monday, October 11, 1999 3:34 PM
To: 'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'
Subject: RE: Master-Slave Joint

I'm a little confused by this statement.  In STAAD, members are defined by
connectivity from joint to joint.  Since global displacements are calculated
at the joints I would think that it is implicit that the individual member
section displacements would be derived from the displacements at the joints
(as well as effects due to loading) that are behaving as part of a rigid
diaphragm.  What are you getting at with your comment ?

Robert Rogers, PE

robert.rogers(--nospam--at)woolpert.com
Woolpert LLP
409 East Monument Avenue
Dayton, Ohio 45402

<Snip>
  From: Rex Donahey [mailto:rdonahey(--nospam--at)thermomass.com]
<Snip>
  I recall that only the JOINTS are slaved.  The MEMBERS are not.