Enercalc 5

I have been evaluating Enercalc for the past several weeks. It seems to be
a fairly good program with it's share of bugs. I am still trying to figure
the output, especially for concrete footings. It doesn't do cantilevered
concrete beams. I have not tried the masonry or timber components yet, we
do mostly steel and concrete. I will probably recommend we purchase
Enercalc because I can't find another piece of software that does all the
different materials with simple input. We use RamAnalysis for total
building analysis, it's a great program but it needs something to
compliment it for the individual components. If you purchase Enercalc, as
with all software, make sure you understand what's going in and what's
coming out.

If anyone knows of a better program, please let me know.
Randy Diviney
Structural Engineering Dept.
Hayes Large Architects
Altoona, Pa