RE: Finishing a curved ceiling - need some advice

I recommend that you call USG at (510) 792-4400, (818) 956-1882 or (800)
874-4968.  They are the experts and they are eager to help.  I would check
with them about using layers of 1/4" board on a ceiling.  They may have
minimum support spacing recommendations that are closer together than what
you currently have.

Roger Davis
SDS Architects, Inc
205 N. Dewey Street