Re: Two Spreadsheet Questions

Seaintonln(--nospam--at)aol.com wrote:

> I need some help. Here are two problems that I need to resolve and I could
> use some advice from you spreadsheet experts out there.
>
> Problem 1: I want to find the maximum and minimum values for a column of
> numbers and wish to ignore all zero values. In otherwords, how do I find the
> minimum values of all numbers in a list greater than zero?
>
> Problem 2: When creating a chart that draws the perimeter of a building from
> the coordinate input the starting point and ending point are the same.
> However, if there are more values in the column than are needed, the excess
> values are left simply as zeros.
> When charting from my input, the last point entered is connected back to the
> origin on the graph. I wish to have it ignore the zero values and graph only
> the values that start and end on the same point.
> Can anyone help me on these two problems????
>
> Thanks
> Dennis Wish PE

Problem #2,

You could define the limits of your plot so that the origin is out of
the view able area, technically is will still print the points but you
won't see them.  Another option is just let the program print the
points.  If you start and end your drawing at the origin, then any
duplicate points will simply plot on top of each other and you won't see
them.

Hope this helps,

Jake Watson, E.I.T.
Salt Lake City, UT