DRAPER PRIZE

ATTENTION SEAINT:

As you probably know we are now in the midst of announcing the various
winners of the NOBEL PRIZE.

What YOU probably not aware is that the 1999 winner of the DRAPER PRIZE was
announced last week!

For those of you unfamilar with the DRAPER PRIZE:  This major engineering
award established by the National Academy of Enginnering is sometimes
considered an equilivalent of a NOBEL Prize of engineering,   though the
Nobel Committee refuses to recognize engineering acheivements

The reasons for this intrusion into your e-mail is to ask a favor.

Have any one of you read any announcement of this award in your local papers,
 heard it on the radio or seen it on televsion  ??????????

I'm just curious.  The winners of the Nobel Prize's general make the front
pages of the newspapers,  while the winner of THE DRAPER PRIZE  (valued at
$500.000.00)  get nary a mention.  Why is that??   Aren't engineering
acheivements worthy of mention.

If  you interested in the DRAPER PRIZE  check out the NAE website

www.nae.edu

for press releases  and news of a new engineering prize;  THE RUSS PRIZE

Please send me clippings  of any news of the DRAPER PRIZE that appears in
your papers

Bob  Johnson
Public Advocacy Committee NCSEA
SEAOI  -- Public relations