Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Gyp shear wall performance[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: SEAonc seaint <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Gyp shear wall performance
- From: merrick group <merrickgroup(--nospam--at)compuserve.com>
- Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 14:33:05 -0400
I had designed a seismic retrofit successfully avoiding the need for a steel rigid frame. I used plywood. The owner fired me because "steel is stronger" Here is a report on the testing of gyp shear walls. With all of the code penalties, the gyp seems to outperform OSB. Here is the address for the shear wall report: David B Merrick, SE Merrickgroup(--nospam--at)compuserve.com
- Prev by Subject: gyp board testing web site addresss
- Next by Subject: re: Gyp shear wall performance
- Previous by thread: RE: Use Java for Automated Calc Sheets?
- Next by thread: re: Gyp shear wall performance