Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Wood Truss Repair Course[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Wood Truss Repair Course
- From: Frank Woeste <fwoeste(--nospam--at)vt.edu>
- Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 16:05:10 -0400
The focus of this workshop is design procedures for the repair of broken or damaged MPC wood trusses. Repair methods and design calculations for typical cases of damaged trusses will be presented. The course is intended to provide an opportunity for participants to discuss alternate methods of truss repair design and methods of executing the needed field repairs. The specific objectives are to:
1)Review nail, screw, and bolt connection design provisions of the NDS -1997 applicable to truss repair,
2)Present nail and screw lateral design values for APA Rated plywood (and OSB) attached to truss lumber of different species. (The thicknesses of plywood and OSB range from 7/16" to 23/32".)
3)Review engineering properties of APA Rated plywood and OSB as needed for truss repair,
4)Present a design methodology for repair of roof and floor trusses, and
5)Demonstrate truss repair design through typical examples.
You can view the brochure and register on-line at:
Questions about the course beyond the brochure can be addressed to me by e-mail.
Frank E. Woeste, P. E.
Professor of Wood Construction
Blacksburg, VA 24061
- Prev by Subject: RE: Wood Truss Reinforcement
- Next by Subject: Wood Truss Repair Course
- Previous by thread: re: Gyp shear wall performance
- Next by thread: Wood Truss Repair Course