New 97 UBC Spreadsheet - Delete file sent on 10/14/99

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS POST - FOR YOUR INFORMATION ONLY

Sorry to do this once again. The 97 UBC Lateral Design Spreadsheet that I
sent out on the 14th appears to have numerous problems in the distribution of
loads in a multi-story building. Sorry about that - this was one of the major
things I left until the end then forgot to fix.
The good news is that it is now fixed. I have also added the drag load
capability for combining adjacent blocks in the flexible diaprhagm analysis.

I sent the revised spreadsheet to Shafat at the SEA International Website
administrator address for posting on the SEAINT Website. Some of your
addresses have changed and I am receiving non-deliverable messages. The file
will be placed on the Website and I will sent everyone an announcment with an
embedded link for automated retrieval.

I am sorry about the inconvenience, but I am not pleased with the results of
the spreadsheet and hope that all who will use if will find it equally
productive.

Sincerely,
Dennis S. Wish PE
editor SEAINT Online