Wind Loading - The Sequel

I'd like to add a few new elements to the question I posed a couple of days
ago, hoping for additional feedback.

Consider a solid wall, with lots of platforms, vessels & pipes located just
a few feet in front of the wall, with wind acting perpendicular to the wall.
There is a single wind force resisting system that collects wind pressures
from the wall and everything in front of the wall.

The question is how to determine the total wind load acting on the wind
force resisting system.

The wall and everything that's in front of it form one single process
equipment. Future removal of any item located in front of the wall is
physically impossible. Wind tunnel testing is out of the question.

I can think of two extreme approaches. The minimal approach would be to
apply a Cp coefficient of 0.8 to the windward face of the wall, and that's
it. In other words, everything that's in front of the wall is ignored -
rightly so, one might argue - after all, aren't all those things right
against the wall?

The other extreme would be to apply a Cp coefficient of 0.8 to the wall,
then add wind loads on everything that's in front of the wall, calculated as
if there was no wall behind them. Some may argue that this is "double
dipping", which severely penalizes the wind force resisting system.

You can't go wrong with the second approach, but  there's a price tag there.
Can the first approach be technically justified? Is there something in
between?

Thanks,

Gabe Bohm
San Dimas, Ca.