Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Fw: Confirmed virus warning[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "SEAINT" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Fw: Confirmed virus warning
- From: "vicpeng" <vicpeng(--nospam--at)vtcg.com>
- Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 19:53:57 -0700
Has anyone seen this one?
Thor A Tandy P.Eng, MCSCE
Subject: Fw: Confirmed virus warning
> This is new, and the other sites don't have it yet -- but NETA is one of
the legitimate sources. Note the last sentence which tells you what to watch
> An alert was issued Tuesday for two variants of the infamous Melissa virus,
> which took down more than 100,000 computers earlier this year.
> AVERT, the Anti-Virus Emergency Response Team, a division of NAI Labs at
> Network Associates Inc. (NETA), has ranked the new strains as medium risk
> Like their predecessor, the two new Melissas -- Melissa.U and Melissa
> arrive via an infected Word document e-mail attachment. The viruses have a
> subject line of "pictures" or "My Pictures", as well as the sender's
> username. The documents are marked with "Please Check Outlook Inbox Mail".
> Tim Hicks, ABC - Content Strategist
> TRH Communications, Victoria, B.C. (http://www.trh.bc.ca)
> President, Web Enthusiasts Assoc. of Victoria (http://www.weav.bc.ca)
- Prev by Subject: conference information
- Next by Subject: Fw: Confirmed virus warning
- Previous by thread: gyp board testing web site addresss
- Next by thread: Fw: Confirmed virus warning