Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Stone Attachment Q[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Stone Attachment Q
- From: Tarek Mokhtar <Tarek(--nospam--at)deltanet.com>
- Date: Sat, 16 Oct 1999 11:17:47 -0700 (PDT)
I am reviewing Limestone attachment(mechanical) details for a building in the Los Angeles area.The stone modulus of rupture tests came in at 300PSI. ASTM 568 for Limestone building stone suggests a minimum of 400 PSI for the MOR. The UBC does not address the bending strength nor the MOR of the stone, and the latest masonry code ACI530.1-99 specifically precludes stone veneer from the chapter covering veneers. The question would be for the relevance of the ASTM standard, If the stone and its attachments are designed with adequate safety factors Opinions requested, TIA Tarek Mokhtar, SE Laguna Beach,CA.
- Prev by Subject: Re: stiffener welded to tension flange?
- Next by Subject: RE: Stone Attachment Q
- Previous by thread: Re: 7.0 Landers Aftershock
- Next by thread: RE: 7.0 Landers Aftershock