Re: hardiframe

Dennis-
Thanks. Unfortunately the web site give no technical info. What do you use for
strength, stiffness, and R for 2'x7' panels? I've got some big loads over a
double wide garage and Simpson's portal system isn't strong enough. If Hardy
isn't significantly stronger I'll just use a moment frame.  I need to finish up a
design job this week-end.
Chuck Utzman
P.S. I ran a simple test on the Enercalc rigid diaphragm program.  The results
weren't too bad (so obviously my assumptions about how it calculates stiffness
were not correct).  However, the results were still not "correct" (i.e. stiffness
was not directly proportional to length) for a mixture of  walls in the 6' to 24'
range, so I would hesitate to use the program without more
information--especially for short walls and/or unusual geometry.