Announcement: 97 UBC Lateral Design Spreadsheet

To: All List Subscribers
Re: 1997 UBC Lateral Design Spreadsheet for multi-story structures with wood
diaphragms.

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL - SEE LINK BELOW FOR AUTOMATED DOWNLOADS.

I am pleased to announce the availability of the 97 UBC Spreadsheet which has
been in the works for several months.

Required:
Excel 97 or later
Windows 95 or later
Pentium grade machine recommended but minimum hardware requirment not tested
Ram - 32 Meg minimum recommended (spreadsheet requires approximately 7MB to
load.
Hard Disk Space - 7 MB for Template, 7MB per each saved use of the
spreadsheet and 7MB for autosave backup files (21Mb minimum requirement)*

* I expect to have an automatic save feature that will extract all input
values in for archiving in a smaller size file. Feature is forthcomming.

<A HREF="http://www.seaoc.org/Software/Wish/97UBCLD.exe";>97UBCLD.exe</A>

Click on the file name above for automatic download. If your browser does not
support automated downloads, the file may be retrieved at the following URL:

<A HREF="http://www.seaoc.org/Software/Wish/97UBCLD.exe";>http://www.seaoc.org/
Software/Wish/97UBCLD.exe</A>

I recommend that those interested in using the software subscribe to our
Online Listservice. You can do so by visiting the <A
HREF="http://www.seaint.org";>SEA International Website</A> by either clicking
on this link or by setting your URL address to: HTTP://www.seaint.org. Find
the webpage with links to our many Listservices and subscribe to the SEAINT
Online Listservice.
Please direct all questions to this listservice. Although I would like to be
able to answer every simple question that comes up regarding the spreadsheet,
I am unable because of work committments. Therefore, wherever possible, users
are encouraged to assist users in setting up and proper use of the program. I
will monitor and step in when necessary to clear up unanswered questions. I
will also track comments regarding program reliabity and suggested
improvements. These will go into a general "Wish-List" and as the program
evolves so will the requested features.

There are no other documents other than the readme file and notes which are
attached to important cells that may need clarification.

I welcome all comments. Please submit to me at <A HREF="seaintonln(--nospam--at)aol.com">se
aintonln(--nospam--at)aol.com</A> and I will respond as time permits. I hope you all find
the program as useful as I have intended. I have already added to my own
Wish-List and I am sure that you will have constructive comments as well.

Sincerely,
Dennis S. Wish PE
Editor SEAINT Online