Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
nonbuilding structures[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: nonbuilding structures
- From: "Mark D. Baker" <shake4bake(--nospam--at)earthlink.net>
- Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 15:17:31 -0700
This is aggravating:
97 UBC seismic analysis for a 100' prestressed concrete pole (2' dia. @ bottom, 1' dia. @ top) with light fixtures at top.
Clearly we are dealing with a nonbuilding structure, however... Does section 1634.3 Rigid Structures imply that only rigid nonbuilding structures may be designed under section 1634 ?
If the structure is considered flexible, should design then be per section 1634.5 Other Nonbuilding Structures or would a flexible nonbuilding structure be designed per section 1630.2.1 ?
Thanks in advance for your comments.
- Prev by Subject: RE: NEW STRUCTURAL STEEL
- Next by Subject: Re: nonbuilding structures
- Previous by thread: Re: Washington State Board of Licencing
- Next by thread: Re: nonbuilding structures