RE: The Hector Mine Earthquake, 10/16/1999

Greg,
Appendix E of API 650 has seismic information on sloshing. It is the tank
height & diameter that control most of the sloshing.  Other agencies use the
same information for seismic design in their publications. What might have
generated the ground motion hence the sloshing is a real good question.
Seems like a long way for this seismic phenomena to travel.
Bob Hanson