Sent: Tuesday, October 19, 1999 10:54 AM
Subject: RE: The Hector Mine Earthquake, 10/16/1999

I appreciate everyone's response.  This helped me realize maybe I wasn't
crazy.  At least no more crazy than normal.

We had no damage at all.  Unfortunately, our instrumentation couldn't
measure the period of the oscillations in the tank, just the min. and max.
peaks.  We had a range of +/- 0.2 ft. in a 20 ft. deep pool.  The pool is
approx. 60' X 60', and is in an extremely rigid concrete structure.

We just checked some other records and have realized similar oscillations
can be shown to have occurred immediately after the 7/11/99 Honduras quake
and the 9/30/99 Mexico quake.

And just when you thought you had seen everything.

Thanks,

Greg Ferguson

*   site at: http://www.seaint.org