DYNAMIC ANALYSIS VS STATIC ANALYSIS

         I  KNOW  THAT  IT  IS  A  U. B. C.  COUNTRY, BUT SOMEONE  CAN
HELP  ME OUT  ON  A QUESTION  ABOUT  BOCA99.

        U.B.C.  SECTION  1631.5.4  PROVIDES  FOR  REDUCTION  OF  ELASTIC
RESPONSE  PARAMETERS  FOR  DESIGN.  THERE  IS  NO  SUCH  PROVISION  IN
BOCA  1999. DOES  ANY  BODY  KNOW  WHY??   DOES  THAT  MEAN  I  CAN  REDUCE
 THE  BASE  SHEAR  AS  MUCH  AS  I  WANT ,  IF  MY  PERIOD  IS  VERY  VERY
LARGE  ???  OR  DO  I  STILL  HAVE  TO  DESIGN  FOR  STATIC  BASE  SHEAR.
THANKS  VERY  VERY  MUCH  IN  ADVANCE.

           BISARYA(--nospam--at)AOL.COM
          ARVIND  BISARYA

**This message was created in BeyondMail. Please ignore the ATTRIBS.BND
attachment if you are not a BeyondMail user.