Gunite in High Temperature Application

I'm up against the wall here -- A 40 year-old concrete sump in hot water
service (large chemical plant) has finally sprung a couple leaks.
Fortunately the water is treated to be slightly basic, rather than acid.
Concrete cover on the rebar has vanished, and the rebar is exposed.  There
is slight rust, but there doesn't seem to be any significant material lost.

Of course, we're cleaning everything up before beginning repairs.

The concrete contractor says he can cap the inside of the walls (nearly 4
inches) back to the original wall profile by Sunday night.  We can get
gunite completed by Thursday evening.

Question -- Can I expect the equivalent of a 5000 psi, 28 day conventional
concrete with gunite from a local swimming pool contractor (the only man in
the area who can do the job).  If so, those 3 days are worth a lot of
money.

'Will appreciate any guidance and counsel.  We will make this decision
tomorrow.

Fountain E. Conner, P.E.
1724 Beaver Pond Rd.
Gulf Breeze, Fl. 32561