Re: Gunite in High Temperature Application

Fountain Conner <fconner(--nospam--at)pcola.gulf.net> asked:

>Question -- Can I expect the equivalent of a 5000 psi, 28 day conventional
>concrete with gunite from a local swimming pool contractor (the only man in
>the area who can do the job).  If so, those 3 days are worth a lot of
>money.

That depends a lot on local conditions, However:

On a project currently under construction in Los Angeles (LA Export
Terminal coke storage domes on Terminal Island) we are using shotcrete and
consistently achieving 28-day cylinder strengths of 7000 psi. It is a very
rich, expensive mix.

Mark Ketchum <mark(--nospam--at)ketchum.org>
http://www.ketchum.org/
San Francisco & Berkeley, California