RE: FCC to re-examine ?modem tax?

A valid point, but the fact that the FCC has to allow the collection of the
charge--with the inevitable idea that the charge itself will be taxed--is
what leads to this notion.

FWIW, I have never been impressed with 'free enterprise' manifest as mono-
or duopolies that have direct or indirect government sanction. True, Hitler
made the trains run on time, but the rest of the baggage is what scares me.