From: Lutz,James [mailto:JLUTZ(--nospam--at)earthtech.com]
Sent: Friday, October 22, 1999 8:42 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: 1997 UBC ICBO seminar-wall anchorage

1997 UBC 1632.2 has specific provisions for using expansion anchors and
chemical anchors at seismic connections, so their use is permitted. I was at
a seminar recently where this was discussed, and the interpretation was that
the wall anchors just need to go into the wall enough so the stress cone
engages reinforcement at the top of the wall.