Office scanner

IMSI TurboCad has a routine where you open a scanned image as one layer and
tell it to "trace."  It produces a line drawing on another layer.  You can
proof and edit the line drawing with the scanned image still on the screen,
and then remove the layer with the scanned image.  I've used this with
details which fit an 8 1/2 x 11 scanner and the biggest losses are the
lettering.  The lettering is not converted to text so each letter is
composed of a dozen line segments.  I just retype the text and delete the
traced text.  The last time I did this was in version 4.  Version 6 is out
now so this may have been improved.  IMSI may have added OCR by now.