Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Office scanner[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Office scanner
- From: "Ian G. Robertson" <IGR(--nospam--at)eqe.com>
- Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 10:50:01 -0700
IMSI TurboCad has a routine where you open a scanned image as one layer and tell it to "trace." It produces a line drawing on another layer. You can proof and edit the line drawing with the scanned image still on the screen, and then remove the layer with the scanned image. I've used this with details which fit an 8 1/2 x 11 scanner and the biggest losses are the lettering. The lettering is not converted to text so each letter is composed of a dozen line segments. I just retype the text and delete the traced text. The last time I did this was in version 4. Version 6 is out now so this may have been improved. IMSI may have added OCR by now.
- Prev by Subject: RE: office live load
- Next by Subject: RE: Office scanner
- Previous by thread: RE: galvanized steel with concrete
- Next by thread: RE: Office scanner