RE: Office scanner

OCR is not available in Turbocad Version 6.  The line work for trace
function is highly dependent on the quality of the original.  For good
originals the result is reasonably good.  For weak or poor line work, not
very good.  I use a cheap Mustek 1200 as the scanner (up to legal size
capability, under $100).  As Ian stated for version 4, text does not scan
well at all in version 6.  Would a better scanner produce better results?  I
don't know but I doubt if there would be a significant improvement.

For an inexpensive CAD program, I've been quite happy with Turbocad.  It
allows reading, writing and modification of most file formats including
Autocad 14 .dwg files.  Their technical support via email has been prompt,
concise and helpful.  The documentation is a little light on details.

Bill Cain, SE
Oakland, CA