Re:Concrete vs. Steel

To All P.E.'s out there:

Please accept my apology on my earlier email.  I did not realize that I could not say I was a structural engineer, EIT, when I am only an EIT.  I thought it was okay to use the term as long as one said EIT too, I did not know that I am not suppose to say it at all.  I have a MS in structural engineering, and 2 years experience, but  I always thought P.E. was the only reserved title.  I am very sorry if I offended anyone.  I did not intend to misrepresent myself.  In case anyone is worried, I have NEVER and would never EVER sign any drawings or legal documents as anything other than Assistant Engineer.  I just thought this was an informal survey.  Thanks for pointing it out, I should not use the term loosely.  My question to everyone though is:  if I pass the Civil Engineering P.E. exam (I have been told that they don't have a Structural Engineering exam in Pennsylvania anymore), and I do structural engineering work, am I still not allowed to say I am a structural engineer because I passed the Civil Engineering P.E.exam instead?  If so, I know a lot of people who are violating that rule.

Nicole M. Stoudt