There's fungus among us.

Have any of you folks run into this critter (poria-incrassata) in existing
wood framed structures ? I have inspected some wood framed residential
foundations for structural damage due to dry rot or fungus of some type. The
insurance company provided a report from a licensed inspector.  There are all
sorts of sources and means of attack by this fungus even if the immediate
area is dry.  I would like to find out if there are companies considered to
be experts in this field so that we may contact them regarding proper
identification and treatment.

We know that the moist earth in the underfloor area due to a plumbing leak
provided the environment for fungus to thrive in one case, and possibly the
adjacent irrigated planters in other residences.

We have been advised in other cases when the underfloor area is dry that this
type of fungus (incrassata) develops a root-like water tube that allows it
transport water from a remote source to the wood.

Any information or references regarding this matter will be appreciated.

Regards, Ray Shreenan, S.E.