From: Nicole Stoudt [mailto:NSTOUDT(--nospam--at)MBAKERCORP.COM]
Sent: Friday, October 22, 1999 11:50 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re:Concrete vs. Steel

To All P.E.'s out there:

Please accept my apology on my earlier email.  I did not realize that I
could not say I was a structural engineer, EIT, when I am only an EIT.  I
thought it was okay to use the term as long as one said EIT too, I did not
know that I am not suppose to say it at all.  I have a MS in structural
engineering, and 2 years experience, but  I always thought P.E. was the only
reserved title.  I am very sorry if I offended anyone.  I did not intend to
misrepresent myself.  In case anyone is worried, I have NEVER and would
never EVER sign any drawings or legal documents as anything other than
Assistant Engineer.  I just thought this was an informal survey.  Thanks for
pointing it out, I should not use the term loosely.  My question to everyone
though is:  if I pass the Civil Engineering P.E. exam (I have been told that
they don't have a Structural Engineering exam in Pennsylvania anymore), and
I do structural engineering work, am I still not allowed to say I am a
structural engineer because I passed the Civil Engineering P.E.exam instead?
If so, I know a lot of people who are violating that rule.

Nicole M. Stoudt