Re: Concrete vs. Steel

----- Original Message -----
From: Fariborz Tehrani <fmtehrani(--nospam--at)hotmail.com>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Sent: 22 Ekim 1999 Cuma 20:51
Subject: Re: Concrete vs. Steel
> I moved here in Los Angeles last year. You know that most of the small
> buildings in LA have wood structure. But I'm in specialty structure
> business. We use everything including steel, aluminium, stainless steel,
> fabric, glass, ..., except concrete! Concrete hasn't have enough
flexibility
> for a decorative, exposed and lightweight structure.

dear tehrani,

I do not agree with you that "concrete not enough flexibility for a
decorative, exposed and lightweight structure."

I believe that concrete can be aesthetic if you treat surface correctly.
Just look of western Europe countries.
polished concrete and surface desactivation provide us architectural
concrete opportunity.