Re: Concrete vs. Steel

Dear Murat
You are right. I know a lot of decorative concrete finished structures. But I should have explain you more about my projects. They are glass canopies hanging from cables, glass wall with invisible framing and so on. All of these structures supports by main building structure. So usually we are looking for lightweight and invisible framing. Anyway I'm with you: I like concrete, specially with exposed finish!
Thank you for comment

From: "murat erbas" <merbas(--nospam--at)garanti.net.tr>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: Re: Concrete vs. Steel
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 1999 10:06:21 +0300

----- Original Message -----
From: Fariborz Tehrani <fmtehrani(--nospam--at)hotmail.com>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Sent: 22 Ekim 1999 Cuma 20:51
> But I'm in specialty structure
> business. We use everything including steel, aluminium, stainless steel,
> fabric, glass, ..., except concrete! Concrete hasn't have enough
flexibility
> for a decorative, exposed and lightweight structure.

dear tehrani,

I do not agree with you that "concrete not enough flexibility for a
decorative, exposed and lightweight structure."

I believe that concrete can be aesthetic if you treat surface correctly.
Just look of western Europe countries.
polished concrete and surface desactivation provide us architectural
concrete opportunity.