RE: Engineering title

Yes this kind of advertisement is disturbing because the only "engineering"
the majority of these firms do is hire a consultant.  The engineer is now a
client of the architect and not the owner so in theory, that firm has
engineering capabilities, right?  WRONG!!  And if anybody wants to confirm
this, just call the company and ask for the engineering department head and
if you get one ask if they are hiring.  The answer will likely be "we do not
keep engineers on staff."  Does that mean that engineering companies can add
Architectural Design to their business cards because they can go out and
hire an architect also?  Something that makes you go "Hmmmm ..."

William J. Keil, P.E.

<  What REALLY bothers me is when I see a business card from an architect
that
reads:

ABC Architects
Architecture-Planning-Interiors-Engineering

Grrrrr....  >