RE: Engineering title

Not in CA. To use the "a" word in CA, a principal of the firm must be a
licensed Architect. They (the architects) have done a MUCH better job in
getting restrictions on the use of the word "architect" than we engineers
only because they have spent more time, money and energy to do so. Not that
this has done them a lot of good because a lot of architectural design is
still being done by non-licensed architects. Most architects I know would
readily agree to stop practicing/promoting engineering services if engineers
stop stamping and signing architectural plans.

Regards,

Bill Allen, S.E.
ALLEN DESIGNS
Laguna Niguel, CA