Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

RE: Engineering title

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
Some states (including Alabama and Oklahoma, for two) require that the FIRM
be "licensed" (they call it a Certificate of Authorization) to hold
themselves out as providing engineering services.

The requirements to be so certified include having a principal who is
licensed to practice engineering in the area for which the firm advertises.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Christopher Wright [mailto:chrisw(--nospam--at)]
> Sent: Monday, October 25, 1999 8:13 AM
> To: seaint(--nospam--at)
> Subject: RE: Engineering title
> >The engineer is now a
> >client of the architect and not the owner so in theory, that firm has
> >engineering capabilities, right?  WRONG!!
> I don't know what California law says, but in Florida and Minnesota a
> firm advertising as providing engineering services must have
> a registered
> engineer as a principal.