RE: Design Codes evolution

I'll fill in the concrete section.

>When Ultimate Strength Method was in use in ACI-318?

It was in the appendix of ACI 318-56 called Ultimate Strength.  In the ACI
318-63 it had the same status as Working Stress design.  In the ACI 318-77
Ultimate Strength became Strength design and the Working Stress method was
shoved into the appendix as the Alternate Design method.

LRFD is just applicable to AISC.

Regards,
Harold Sprague
The Neenan Company