RE: Post-tensioning

Bill,

I always show the final prestressing force (P sub f) and the centerline of
the force (CG sub P sub f) and the minimum 28 day concrete strength.  Of
course this requires that a prestress design has to be done as the 28 day
concrete strength is frequently determined by temporary stresses (e.g.
allowable bearing stress at anchorage) at some stage of the prestressing and

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Bill Polhemus wrote:

>>I'm glad you brought this up. We are beginning some drawings for bridge
bents that will require post-tensioning, and the thought has arisen: "What
is the minimum amount of information we need to provide on our drawings that
will allow a post-tensioning supplier to complete the detailing?"<<