RE: Z factor definition

I would discuss with the soil's engineer what was considered in developing
the site specific ground acceleration.  If it's basis included the effects
of local soil type, nearby faults, etc, then use of the code coefficients
may be redundant.  But then I would compare my site-specific design
acceleration with the minimum code design acceleration as well.