Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

RE: Engineering Title

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
"Architectural Engineering" programs exist at a few schools (here in the
Southwest, Oklahoma State and Texas-Austin are two notable ones), and are
mainly concerned with engineering related to building construction.

Typically, the degree has a "structural engineering" track and a "project
managemement" (read "construction manager") track.

The ArEs that I have hired from UT Austin have all the structural coursework
of a Civ.E., but none of the "dirt" and "water" stuff. Instead they
typically do things like Project Scheduling, etc.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: ROY SHARIF M. SISON [mailto:roysharif(--nospam--at)]
> Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 1999 3:46 PM
> To: seaint(--nospam--at)
> Subject: Re: Engineering Title
> Is Architect the same as Architectural Engineering?