From: Bill Polhemus [mailto:polhemus(--nospam--at)insync.net]
Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 1999 4:27 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Lightbulb

How many Sociocrats does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Answer: 5,446....

14 White House aides to appear on the Sunday morning news shows
denying that the bulb is burned out.

8 White House aides to blame the previous administration.

4 major news anchors to call the Republicans mean-spirited.

243 children to stand behind Clinton as he explains the impact of
burned-out bulbs on our children and how the mean-spirited Republicans
want our children to grow up in darkness.

1 First Lady to say that changing the light bulb takes a village.

9 Hollywood stars to testify as experts because they played a movie
role in which they changed light bulbs.

15 White House spin doctors to put the best light on it.

103 U.S. Representatives to tell us that only Washington D.C. really
knows how to change a light bulb.

1 President to tell us that he feels our darkness and has 18 new
federal programs to prevent burned-out light bulbs, and that he has
vivid memories of black light bulbs burning out during his childhood
in Arkansas.

42 cruise missiles to take the heat off the burned-out bulb.

1 campaign advisor to recommend the use of red light bulbs.

1 Vice President to inform us of the environmental impact of changing
a light bulb.

2 White House advisors to devise a tax on those who are unfairly able
to change their own light bulbs.

1 deceased White House lawyer who can be blamed for anything that
can't be pinned on the Republicans.

1 White House ghost who can retrieve the light bulb files that no one
else knows anything about.

And 5,000 bureaucrats to make sure that the bulb is changed correctly,
doesn't offend anyone, doesn't impact the environment, doesn't
unfairly benefit one group, doesn't harm anyone during the
installation, and is up to 1945 specifications for light bulbs.

-- From "The Federalist Brief," October 26, 1999 (http://www.Federalist.com)