Engineering Title

As a structural engineer I have explained on many
occasions that I am not an architect.  Most people are
surprised to learn that architects do not design
the structural system that supports their "architecture".
Do many architects educate the public to this fact?
The architect's knowledge of structure has decreased
dramatically within the past 30 years.  It is up to
structural engineers to educate the public as
to how present role of the architect has changed and
inform the architect of the aesthetic potentials of
creative structural engineering.
Perhaps the public would be better served if the
structural engineer was the leader and hired the "architect"
as a consultant.  Is this happening anywhere?

Paul Irwin