From: "Cain, William" <bcain(--nospam--at)ebmud.com>
To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: RE: Engineering Title
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 09:14:36 -0700

Frank-
The Professional Engineers Act in the California Business & Professions Code
states:

6732.  It is unlawful for anyone other than a professional engineer
licensed under this chapter to stamp or seal any plans,
specifications, plats, reports, or other documents with the seal or
stamp of a professional engineer, or in any manner, use the title
"professional engineer," "licensed engineer," "registered engineer,"
or "consulting engineer," or any of the following branch titles:
"agricultural engineer," "chemical engineer," "civil engineer",
"control system engineer," "electrical engineer," "fire protection
engineer," "industrial engineer," "manufacturing engineer,"
"mechanical engineer," "metallurgical engineer," "nuclear engineer,"
"petroleum engineer," or "traffic engineer," or any combination of
these words and phrases or abbreviations thereof unless licensed
under this chapter.

6734.  Any person practices civil engineering when he professes to
be a civil engineer or is in responsible charge of civil engineering
work.

6736.  No person shall use the title, "structural engineer," unless
he is a registered civil engineer in this State and, furthermore,
unless he has been found qualified as a structural engineer according
to the rules and regulations established therefor by the board.