RE: #2 Pencil and PE Exam

Title: RE: #2 Pencil and PE Exam

#2 is about a 2H in the pencil lead ranking scale:
6H, 4H, 3H, 2H, H, F?, HB, B, 2B, 3B, 4B, 6B etc from hardest to softest if my memory is even vaguely correct.  (i harken back to my art classes in college for that one)

the 'ol .7mm Pentel with HB lead works quite well and they won't flunk you for it.
the scanning requires sufficient darkness (and also completeness) to pick up on the optical reader, lighter (said harder) leads do not pick up as well.  the tradeoff is, darker (said softer) leads are subject to the old smudge factor.  HB is the best trade off and consequently the most commonly available mechanical pencil lead grade.

and good luck!