Re: Simpified Plate Analysis

Phillip,

Here's another reference that goes into quite a lot of detail on the 'Strip
Method'.

R. Park and W. L. Gamble, REINFORCED CONCRETE SLABS, John Wiley and Sons,
NY, NY, 1980.

Although the information is presented in the context of concrete slabs, the
analysis method is independent of the plate material.  The basic concept of
the Strip Method is quite simple and is often used intuitively by many
engineers without realizing the method has been formally developed.

Walt Sawruk, P.E.
EQE International, Inc.
Shillington, PA
email: ws(--nospam--at)eqe.com