Re: Engineering Title

All,

I've been following the "identity" thread that has been rather popular
lately on this forum.  Our firm develops marketing and communication tools
for several companies in the construction industry.  We are currently
developing a tool for Structural Engineers for one of our clients, and this
list is part of my on-going research.

I did some quick research on your challenge. There's an opportunity for your
organization to be pro-active and leverage another campaign.  Perhaps you
already know all about this, and are preparing your materials, but just in
case....

National Engineers Week is February 20-26, 2000, sponsored by NAE, EWeek and
others, but SEAINT is not listed as participating or sponsoring.  It appears
that this is the beginning of an on-going public awareness campaign for
Engineers in general -- to industry, the public, to academia.  There is a
Broadcast PSA, a "future city" contest for students, and many other elements
to this campaign. (FYI:   I am in no way associated with NAE or EWeek)

I also found, although it is short notice (deadline...tomorrow!), that there
is an opportunity to nominate and gain recognition for your profession's
greatest 20th Century achievements.  Have any Structural Engineering
nominations been made?  The technologies developed to save lives in seismic
zones would be an impressive theme among many potentials.  It's a PR
opportunity, if nothing else.

There may be opportunities for corporate co-op dollars for marketing your
field/organization, given the breadth of the upcoming campaign, but we would
need to research those opportunities.  If I can help, just let me know.
Thanks.

More info available at:

http://www.eweek.org/
http://www.nae.edu

I've also copied the contest information below:

*******************

Greatest Engineering Achievements of the 20th Century

The NAE is pleased to announce a new project entitled "Greatest Engineering
Achievements of the 20th Century." The project celebrates a remarkable
century of progress and innovation, focusing on the significant impact that
engineers and engineering have had on the quality of life in the 20th
century.

The Great Achievements Project is a collaboration between the NAE and a
number of engineering organizations, including the ASEE, AAES, ACEC, ASCE,
ASME, AIChE, IEEE, NSPE, Tau Beta Pi, and National Engineers Week.

In the first phase of the project, over 60 professional engineering
societies have been asked to submit nominations for the greatest engineering
achievements of the 20th century. The top achievements will be selected by
an anonymous NAE panel and announced during Engineers Week, February 20-26,
2000.
As part of a larger public awareness campaign, this project is meant to
stimulate public discussion about engineers and the contributions of
engineering. The NAE anticipates many more collaborative efforts to be
generated from this project over the next three to four years.

For Participating Engineering Organizations
If your organization has been invited to submit nominations for the Great
Achievements Project, you can obtain the official guidelines and nomination
form here in PDF format. To download the file, click on the icon below.

* Nomination Form (PDF, 79k)

For information or assistance, please contact Robin Gibbin either by email
or by phone at (202) 334-1562.

About the NAE | News & Events | Publications
NAE Programs | NAE Member Services | NAE Awards
Links | Site Map | Search | President's Newsletter

Just thought this may be of interest to you !

Best Regards,

Suzanne Warden
three + associates...connected by design.
swarden(--nospam--at)threemail.com
www.threeassociates.com
513.621.8100